ITI and more than 30 technology and business trade associations from around the world issued recommendations for G20 governments as officials meet to discuss the role of digital technologies in promoting economic growth. The 25 recommendations focus on the facilitation of a global response to the COVID-19 outbreak; the advancement of global data free flows with trust; the promotion of cross-border innovation and adoption of new technologies; and ensuring the benefits of technology are realized by all.
Among the 25 recommendations offered, the groups noted that the G20 should:
- Reaffirm commitment to free, fair, non-discriminatory, transparent, predictable and stable trade and investment environments, and to keep markets open.
- Strengthen their commitment to facilitate the free flow of data across borders.
- Adopt and maintain strong privacy protections.
- Commit to achieving a multilateral solution to the taxation challenges.
- Strengthen broadband infrastructure